Welcome to Icelines by capn89. On this blog you'll be able to view, rate and comment on all of my past, present and future hockey uniform designs.
I look forward to hearing from you. Enjoy!

Friday, August 9, 2024

Post #93 - Traktor Chelyabinsk "Yesterday & Today"

Please enjoy these jerseys for Traktor Chelyabinsk.

YouTube

Home & Away: The home and away jerseys are an alteration of Traktor's current home and away jerseys. Of course, all the ads are removed from the jerseys, but black bands with white trim are added around the arms as well as white piping on the jerseys' hems.



Third: Russian is a confusing language, but apparently a cursive "T" in Russian, when written, looks like this "M" shape, which is why this "T"raktor logo is a "M"aktor logo. My eyes will probably never not see an "M," but I digress. As for the look, I took the logo and went with a sort of sprocket theme throughout the entire jersey. It's a bit wild with a bit of traditional hockey style mixed in. Does it work? Maybe, maybe not. You decide.


Alternate: The logo on this jersey is a recolored version of a much older and less spectacular logo. I mixed in a very small bit of red since Traktor used to have red in their color scheme. What can be a bit difficult to see at this scale is all the patterning and stitch work, but I see it when I make them, so I guess that matters for something, yeah?


Alternate: Again, this is a much older Traktor logo with a "T" logo, recolored with their current colors + silver. I suppose I forgot to mention two jerseys ago that I added gray since it was used as part of a gradient on a previous Traktor jersey. Gray goes with almost everything, so it works.


Alternate: Vectorizing this logo was an interesting exercise for me, even though the logo itself falls into that "badly drawn logos" category. I decided to go with the idea of a "reverse retro," using a vibrant red for what once was a predominantly black jersey. It's bold, but I think it looks sharp.


No comments: