Welcome to Icelines by capn89. On this blog you'll be able to view, rate and comment on all of my past, present and future hockey uniform designs.
I look forward to hearing from you. Enjoy!

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Post #15 - Buffalo Sabres

After five months I've finally gotten around to playing around with some uniform concepts and I present to you the Buffalo Sabres.

Home & Away: For the primary jerseys I decided to play off the design of the original Sabres white uniforms. I never liked how the blue uniforms only featured white as a trim around the numbers yet the design was (mostly) well-done on the whites. The issues I always had with the white uniforms was the inconsistent striping on the sleeves and hem (blue/yellow/blue on the sleeves and yellow/blue/yellow on the hem). I've basically tweaked that design, making those elements congruent, and created a blue version to go with the white. The sock stripes match those on the jerseys, as well as the pants. The idea to keep the striping the same while simply switching the base color from white to blue, rather than just inverting white/blue was to keep a consistency with the logo itself which, from outer stripe to inner, goes yellow/white/blue, the same as the stripes on both uniforms. The logo itself is also a modern version of the classic crossed-sabres, buffalo, roundel.

Alternate: This jersey features the retro-styled "Buffalo" script on the front of the jersey which was first introduced on the Sabres alternate jersey in 2012. I've switched the colors a bit and removed the classic crossed-sabres roundel that you'd typically find where I placed the player's number. The design is meant to also pay tribute to the Sabres original identity while putting a new, distinct spin on the design. I also have a couple yellow versions of this design somewhat laid out that, at some point in the future, I plan to share.

As always, have a look and be sure to rate the set and leave some comments. Thanks.

2 comments:

Justin said...

All of your designs are really great! Very clean, cool and well described. Also I love the way you layout your template and how detailed it is. I discovered these through CCSL but I really like the blog.

I absolutely love the Sabres set. The primary logo is what they should be using (more emphasis on the Sabres) and I love how you brought back the alternate in a more modern way. The only thing I don't like is the white yoke. Other than that, these are perfect.

Once again, outstanding work. I can't wait to come back and see some more of your designs.

Capn89 said...

Hey Justin, thanks a lot for the comments. I'm not sure how often I'll be designing and updating, but it'll always be here. I clicked your user icon and saw that you have your own concepts blog, so I'll be checking that out, be prepared! lol Once again, I appreciate your thoughts. :)