Welcome to Icelines by capn89. On this blog you'll be able to view, rate and comment on all of my past, present and future hockey uniform designs.
I look forward to hearing from you. Enjoy!

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Post #16 - Columbus Blue Jackets

Hey folks! Sorry it's been a while but life can get pretty busy and sometimes it can be hard to find the motivation to work on all of my different hobbies but I am back again with another uniform set. I am not dead! lol. Anyway, I give to you the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Home & Away: Going through my past designs for the Blue Jackets I found little desire to try to modernize the one basic look I ever had for them. It was dated, weak and not really a direction I wanted to go. I decided, instead, to build on a touch of the Blue Jackets' past as well as big chunk of their current look. I basically took the design of their current home and away jerseys and added a hem stripe that plays off of the design of the shoulder striping to give the jersey a more complete feel. As well I took their inaugural "CBJ" logo, recolored it and put it on the shoulders. The logo also acts as the primary crest on the alternate jersey. To pay homage to Columbus', albeit limited, past, the shoulder and hem stripes (the blue, particularly) use a faint pattern of two different shades of blue stripes running throughout them. The original Blue Jackets jerseys (both the home and away) featured this effect. I also eliminated the red hockey pants. I've never liked the look in any of the iterations of the franchise's uniforms and I tried it with mine and felt blue was more aesthetically pleasing. Finally, the Blue Jackets NOB font stays the same but the numerals have been switched. The current Blue Jackets number font is one of the more loathed fonts in the NHL.

Alternate: For the alternate, I REALLY wanted to present the jersey you see in the final set as a primarily red uniform, but for a team called the BLUE Jackets I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I have, however, mocked it up in my own files and will, in the future, share it with everyone who reads this blog.

Have a look and be sure to rate the set and leave some comments. Thanks.

No comments: