Welcome to Icelines by capn89. On this blog you'll be able to view, rate and comment on all of my past, present and future hockey uniform designs.
I look forward to hearing from you. Enjoy!

Friday, January 19, 2024

Post #81 - Montreal Canadiens "And All The Weebs Seethed"

As I continued my journey with Illustrator I moved on to the Montreal Canadiens with a handful of old and new designs.

YouTube

Home & Away: The weebs with seethe as somehow teams like the Montreal Canadiens are somehow "untouchable." Well, screw that, no team is untouchable. While I love the way the home looks, it will always pale in comparison to the real-life Habs' home sweater, however, my design for the away is without question superior to its real-life counterpart. What does it for me with this set is how much more consistent the striping is between jerseys.



Thirds: A blue homage to the typically-chest-striped Canadians, the design here features thinner stripes, retro white and ribbed cuffs, hem and collar. The second of the two was me playing around with the idea of subtle barberpole striping.



Alternate 1: Taking the design of the thirds, I wanted to see what a home jersey might look like using the template. It's a somewhat crazy idea, but as a once-in-a-blue-moon alternate it kinda works. Could make an interesting Winter Classic or Stadium Series jersey. If the Canadien winter gets too cold, of course, you could always burn it with fire.


Alternate 2: A red "alternate home" jersey to pair with the previous jersey, similarly featuring the fantasy "M" logo on the chest. Yet again, they might make for a great Winter Classic or Stadium Series jersey, if not a fire starter.


No comments: