Welcome to Icelines by capn89. On this blog you'll be able to view, rate and comment on all of my past, present and future hockey uniform designs.
I look forward to hearing from you. Enjoy!

Friday, February 2, 2024

Post #82 - Montreal Canadiens "But Muh Leeeeeeafs"

As I continued my journey with Illustrator I moved on to the Montreal Canadiens with a handful of old and new designs.

YouTube

Home & Away: Do these look familiar? Yes, they're recolored versions of the same designs from the last set, now sacriligiously presented as the new home, away and third jerseys. I can hear you now, greasy sweat glopping down your brow as you ham-fist your keyboard to reeee about how these abominations should never see the ice. I'm happy for you, you survived another day. As much as I liked the versions with the vintage white, the stark white with the red and blue just looks far superior, especially when presented as primary jerseys.




Alternate 1: We live in a world where the Toronto Maple Leafs dressup as the Tampa Bay Lightning and people think the should be allowed to penetrate your body with anything they want. I thought it'd be interesting to use a really old logo associated with the Canadians as a primary logo on an alternate sweater and this is one of the ideas I came up with.


Alternate 2.a & 2.b: The same designs as the previous, but with the primary colors swapped. The only different between A and B is the color of the shoulders. What do you think, red or blue?



No comments: