Welcome to Icelines by capn89. On this blog you'll be able to view, rate and comment on all of my past, present and future hockey uniform designs.
I look forward to hearing from you. Enjoy!

Friday, February 16, 2024

Post #83 - Tampa Bay Lightning "That WTF Ending"

Next up were the dreaded Tampa Bay Lightning. Why "dreaded," you say? I feel like I can never make an away jersey that looks good or meshes well in a set when working with black and blue.

YouTube

Home, Away & Third: As mentioned in the open, I never like my away jerseys when working with black and blue, but this is what I felt fit best in the set. The black home is solid and I imagine a lot of Lightning fans would be happy to see something like this on the ice, but the third? Oh my stars, the third. If that jersey was real I would snatch it up in a heartbeat. Everything about it is absolutely beautiful and I want it on my body.




Alternate 1: Using the same template as the primary jerseys, this was the product of me stumbling upon the look as I was designing the other jerseys. There's something about it that I like, the lack of white, stark black and perfectly midtone silver just look really nice. I'd love to see a full uniform out on the ice.


Alternate 2: Sporting Tampa Bay's second iteration of their primary logo, this design is simplistic, yet stylish. The number font might leave something to be desired, but I wanted a somewhat squarish-but-edgy font. Any suggestions for a different font to try? No one will ever read this, so I will never receive an answer. Why am I even wasting my time writing something for people who will never see it?


Alternate 3: The coming storm. Gray/silver jerseys are difficult to work with, but I decided to throw one out there for the bolts. Speaking of bolts, the shoulder logo from the previous jersey, a fantasy design of mine, sits front and center as the primary crest. Black is eliminated from the colorscheme in lieu of a sort of charcoal gray. A lot of these jerseys have very fine details like stitching and patterns that can be hard to make out on a smaller scale, sadly, but if your eyes are good enough, you might be able to make out the texture on the shoulders that I thought looked good as a visual representation of a storm.


Alternate 1: The one you've been waiting for... the "WTF" finish. I'll let this monstrosity speak for itself.


No comments: