Welcome to Icelines by capn89. On this blog you'll be able to view, rate and comment on all of my past, present and future hockey uniform designs.
I look forward to hearing from you. Enjoy!

Friday, March 1, 2024

Post #84 - Minnesota Wild "Tradition & Craziness"

This week's jerseys are the Minnesota Wild.

YouTube

Home & Away: Up until the last 10 years or so I loved practically every Minnesota Wild jersey ever released. I wanted to keep the green-on-green look of the original jerseys while giving it a somewhat classic twist. As mentioned in a previous post, these designs come chock full of fine details that get lost at lower resolutions, but your keen eyes might notice the "wild" pattern on the green shoulders and stripes. I only watch KHL games these days and even managed to get my hands on a 2022 Kazan Ak Bars authenic home jersey and, despite all the awful ads all over the jerseys, they do a lot of really cool things with textures and embroidery. That was my inspiration for many of my design ideas.



Thirds: Two third jerseys in alternate colorschemes using a tried and true traditional style. The predominantly red jersey should be a permanant alternate jersey for the team. You know I'm right.



Altrnate 1: Getting Wild. Borrowing from the design of the two third jerseys, this sweater comes at you in vintage white, featuring the barely used "Wild" logo as a primary crest and the Minnesota "M" on the shoulders.


Altrnate 2: A super old Wild design of mine going way back, I've altered and modernized it on this new jersey template.


No comments: